These incredible muffins are quick and easy to make!
. . . . . . . .
YIELDS: 12 muffins
INGREDIENTS for muffins:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
INGREDIENTS for crumb topping:
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- For the crumb topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Add butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.